Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ty's b-day Preview

My mom's b-day is in March exactly one week before Tyler's so we went out to eat in between their b-days. They got fried ice cream with a candle.


My mom didn't want to mess up her hair so she is holding the hat. My nephew Colton's friend was our waiter and teasing my mom that in order to get the fried ice cream free she had to wear the hat the whole time Tyler was fine with that, mom wasn't.


I made a big cupcake cake for Tyler. You can't tell but I bought some gummy letters that say Tyler on the side of it. If you didn't know he turned 6. The blue on his face & hands are from the blue sunflower seeds that he sprinkled on the top.

We had a sports party for Tyler's birthday. As part of pinata prizes Tyler wanted moustaches. It was hilarious especially when the girls put them on. I will post more pictures when I get them downloaded.
Jacob tried opening Tyler's presents whenever someone wasn't looking. When Tyler's friends came to the house and handed me the present they brought Jacob would say I'll take it then run and start opening it. It was pretty funny to me but not to Tyler.
I can't say it enough how blessed I am to have such wonderful boys! It is so exciting to watch them learn and grow and be their own person (even if the independence of a 2 year old makes you pull your hair out). Tyler is so willing to help out and do what he is asked. He is talented in many ways. If he can't do something, he is determined to try until he can. He is willing to try new things. I love his sense of adventure and creativity. It has been a great 6 years and every year is more exciting. So to my T-man who is now 6 I love you never ending!

1 comment:

Amy said...

How Fun! Congrats Ty