Since Mother's Day is around the corner I think it is fitting I post about my mom. She recently was recognized as
Bingham County's Farm
Bureau Women of the Year. She was dreading the brunch they were having to honor her. Here she is with some of the
grandkids that were there to take pictures. Naomi,
Saydi, Jacob &
Quinci. It was
Quinci's 8
th birthday the day of the brunch so we sang to her. The girls belong to Chris &
Kimmel.

Since my mom was very involved in Junior Miss before they moved my dad wanted to get her some "Junior Miss" flowers or presentation flowers. He thought that would be funny. I am not sure about the tiara if it is something they always do or if
Kimmel had her wear it, but it was still funny. My mom had to fill out this long application about her
involvement in farming, volunteer work, etc. After I read it I told my mom that I feel like a chump because I am not that involved in the community or organizations. She said that she didn't have little kids when she was involved and it was usually organizations the kids
participated in. Okay, so I felt a little better but seriously, this lady rocks when it comes to volunteer work.

Mom - we love you and no matter what you think you deserve this award! Eat it up, they don't just hand this out to everyone............
Here's a plug for Farm Bureau just for you mom. For more information on agriculture issues visit
www.idahofb.org
2 comments:
Joyce you totally deserve it...YOU ROCK!!!
Post a Comment