Jocelyn saved her money and bought really nice, name brand clothes. Me on the other hand I would rather have more clothes so I bought cheap. One day I borrowed a pair of her Girbaud jeans (wow, that statement really dated me does anyone even know what Girbaud is?) Whenever I borrowed Joce's clothes I would get a mini lecture about not staining them, ruining, them, etc, etc. Anyway, I decided to hop on my dad's 250 dirt bike for a quick thrill ride down the gravel road. I decided that I wanted to go faster and I hit a big rock and lost control. I flew threw the barbed wire fence and had a slight concussion. I started walking home holding my arm. I don't remember this part my mom told me. She got in the MV (mini-van) and picked me up. I looked like a wreck. Hay sprigs in my hair and torn jeans. CRAP! My mom got my dad from the field and they took me to the ER. It was a Friday night and I am sure Jocelyn was out on a date with one of her weird-o boyfriends. Since I was a freshman I was home chillin. The whole ride to the ER (if you knew where I grew up, you would understand the ride was long) I kept saying stuff about Jocelyn's pants and she was going to kill me. Finally my mom told me to zip it about the pants. Apparently I was going on and on and on (kind of like this post).
End of story - Jocelyn comes home and is worried about me and not the pants. In fact my mom did a cool patch job on them and Jocelyn didn't think it was as cool as me so she gave them to me. What an awesome sis I have! That is true in so many ways. Best friends are we my sisters & me!
Oh ya, I broke my clavicle and the brakes on the bike were bent. That's all.
3 comments:
Great story! I remember Gerbauds, I'm just impressed you remembered how to spell it!! Tell Jocelyn Happy Birthday from me! I wish she had a blog! Maybe you could give her my email! She always was the best, and I'm sure she still is! I am jealous you sold your house so soon! We have had ours up forever and no takers! Any tips?
I forgot that crazy story....I do remember being such a brat when you borrowed my clothes (I feel bad now! You can borrow them anytime, no questions asked!)! There were a few things I worried about and you were #1 of them. Thank goodness for great sisters. We did have a lot of fun together, never a dull moment at our house, the joys of living in the middle of nowhere. Thanks for not naming names of the losers I dated!!
I love ya!!
This is the part I didn't understand:
"Jocelyn comes home and is worried about me and not the pants."
She must be a great sister (even back then.)
Post a Comment